King Borom Rachathirat II (Chao Sam Phraya) built a temple on the site where his two elder brothers were cremated. His two brothers died in a power struggle to succeed their father, King Nakhon In who died in 1424. A series of bell-shaped chedis surround the main prang and a large oblong-shaped viharn is situated at the front. The architectural style evolved from the Khmer prasat, but has been adapted by the addition of a higher multi-layered base and an extended upper section. More corners were added to the main body and the tower section was extended to become corn-shaped. The antefixes, on the other hand, were attached to the body of the tower instead of leaving a decent gap between them which was common in Khmer prasats. These two temples are separated by Naresuan Rd.
Location : Located just opposite to the Wat Phra Mahathat, Ayutthaya
Distance : Approximately 1 hours 15 mins away from the Pathumwan Princess Hotel by car
1.15 hour 15.15 hour